07 november 2006

rock the fuck out!



i am in a rock-out phase. tower records is going out of business and they have a huge sale of all their inventory. i got three cds on sunday: the beatles' white album, a david bowie "anthology", and van halen's first album. i totally rock out during the rare times that i have time to myself nowadays. i've been having van halen in my subconscious mind for quite some time now. they were in my dream a month or so ago (it was the roth-era van halen). now i have their album. i always thought eddie van halen was cute. i looked at pictures of him the other day, and i thought, "this guy has something other than white in him". then i looked him up on wikipedia and found out that he and his brother are half-dutch, half-indonesian. i knew it! i am really enjoying bowie too. i'm really jonesing for jimi hendrix, too, but all of his albums were gone by the time i was there. i also want really good samba music. all gone!

the job is good. it can be stressful and frustrating at times, but i try to be assertive and i take my meds every day. no job is perfect. my future career as a social worker will have hard times, too. i will have hard times in the future no matter what job i have. everyone has good and bad in their jobs. my past two jobs were barely good and REALLY bad, but this job is mostly good and has moments of bad. i wanna keep a positive attitude about it. i wanna have a good experience there.
i am gonna spend tomorrow evening working on my grad school apps. i have less than three months to complete them. that is my project for the autumn and winter. finishing the app! all i have to do is write my personal statement and get three references. it is scary because it's such a big deal to finally know what to go to grad school for, and actually apply for it. a door to a dream is right here, and i have to cross the threshold. i've put my first foot across. now i have to make it all the way through to the room of a bona fide future social work student.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary J. said...

We went to the Tower Records in our neighborhood. I got a neat CD that I might copy for you. It's a tribute to Radiohead's Kid A album.

8/11/06 14:29  
Blogger Blåbär Björn said...

What's the tribute to "Kid A" called? Have you heard the reggae tribute to "OK Computer"? It's really good! If I can get it from my sister by the time you come, I'll copy it for you!

11/11/06 09:20  

Skicka en kommentar

<< Home