17 november 2006

arbetets slut

no, the word "slut" above does not mean "whore". it is a swedish word that means "stop" or "end". don't get any ideas, now! :)

well, you won't believe what happened to me today. my temp agency called me at work at 1:30 p.m. and told me that i was not needed at the neonatal icu anymore, and my last day was today. my bosses had said NOTHING to me about this!!! and you know what? they didn't say ANYTHING to me about it (or anything to me in general) for the rest of the day! i heard through the grapevine from two colleagues who have good hearing that i was let go because they don't have enough work for me to warrant having me there after all. i can see that they don't have enough work for me, and i understand having to let me go. but, they didn't have the courage or consideration to say anything to me at all about letting me go! it fucking sucks! so, my temp agency person understands how fucked up this is, since this was supposed to be a long-term assignment of at least six months, and she is going to find me another gig asap. i really, really hope to get something very soon! i need money!!! well, i am sad to leave the colleagues who were so great to me, the nurses, the babies, the different folks of all kinds that i was in contact with... i'll miss the hospital itself. everything. but that's the way it goes. my boss couldn't look me in the face when i left work today, but i am going to e-mail her and my other boss and thank them for the experience, because i am the better person, and i am more courageous, and i won't shrink away from this. it was a shock to be let go so abruptly and seemingly callously, but i just have to look ahead and not be too upset. something else will work out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary J. said...

OMG, Mer! I'm so sorry! I hope you find something else soon!

18/11/06 10:40  

Skicka en kommentar

<< Home