29 juli 2007

söndag den tjugonionde juli

there's a colombian block party outside. they're dancing in the rain. they're playing salsa and reggaeton.

i just got home from new jersey. one of my friends (whom i met at the job i quit last august) lives in princeton now, and three of us gurls who met at that job met up at penn station and took the train down there to visit and have a slumber party. it was fun! and it was so great to be in a nice, beautiful, new home in a quiet neighborhood where it's totally dark at night and the only outdoor noise is coming from insects and birds. a wooded area is behind her house. fireflies were everywhere at dusk. i laid in the grass in her backyard with the cool blades pressing against my arms, legs and feet.

i went all week without work, and i have nothing for monday. i'll be okay. i've had it good on ebay. i got a personal loan that will allow me to pay for the rent and deposit on the new apartment. it's pretty much a given that i'm getting the apartment under my sister. i should be moving in there in mid-august. i'm very excited to have my OWN apartment with only my OWN belongings in it. i'll have a lease with MY name, and no one else's name, on it. it will be a clean slate when i move in. i'll have my cute kitchen setup, my cute bathroom setup, my cute living space setup, my cute patio setup. yeah, a fucking patio!!! i got one of those tiny pocket books on feng shui. it has some good tips in it. i wanna find some wood furniture at a thrift store or yard sale, and i can sand it down and refinish it out on the patio. my old childhood friend's mother is giving me some pieces of furniture, like a futon and a couple of chairs and a little coffee table. i have the bookcase my sister gave me a few months ago. i'd like to find an old desk that i can fix up, and maybe another bookcase. i might get a few little things from ikea and/or target, too.

i was the videographer at this past friday's ball. it was bigger than the first ball, as at this ball, HOUSES were competing, not just individuals. it ended abruptly when a fight broke out. :( it was really fun up until then. i got to see more as the videographer than i had as the bouncer. i hope to go help out at another ball soon. i like the way kids these days are vogueing. i think it's more expressive and creative than the vogueing of the '80s and '90s, and maybe the kids are mixing in krumping. i love it.